DATE: March 13, 2020
TO: Program Participants, Partner Agencies and Service Users
FROM: Niwasa Kendaaswin Teg Board of Directors’
The health and well-being of Niwasa Kendaaswin Teg families, participants and staff is of the utmost importance. Since we first learned of COVID-19 as an emerging public health issue, Niwasa Kendaaswin Teg has followed the recommended precautions from Public Health:
• Increased sanitization and cleaning
• More frequent hand washing
• Removing water play
• Monitoring program and staff participants for potential symptoms
• Asking folks with COVID-19 symptoms to self-isolate for 14 days based on their
Given the latest developments both internationally and here in Ontario, with the closing of all publicly funded schools, we are taking further action to reduce the transmission of the virus and to protect our participants and staff by closing our programs and services from March 16 – April 5, 2020. Because Niwasa provides services across the lifecycle our full closure is necessary to minimize risk to all community members. This is based on advice from Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, and the experts at the COVID-19 Command Table, the Minister of Education has issued a Ministerial Order to close all publicly funded schools.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide update on our social media and
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information visit:
- https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirusinfection. html
- https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/laboratory-services/test-information-index/wuhannovel- coronavirus